Phased Array Ultrasonic Testing – PAUT
Vision Integrity provides Phased Array Ultrasonic testing throughout Western Canada and has several dispatch locations operating 24/7.
Phased Array Ultrasonic testing is an advanced form of Ultrasonic testing that uses computer software to produce 3D detailed images of the material tested. Phased Array Ultrasonic testing can be used on vessels, boilers, boiler tubes and pipeline welds. This method uses multiple element probes that are controlled through the advanced software technology. This technology enhances accuracy by using a computerized process to control the parameters, spot size, focal point, angles and focal distance. Phased Array Ultrasonic testing can be used to inspect nearly all the materials that conventional ultrasonic testing can including fine grain carbon steel, low alloy steel and stainless welds. It can detect flaws more accurately than conventional ultrasonic testing and radiographic testing. This method is applicable to both new construction and in-service inspections.
- Can, at times, be used in lieu of radiographic testing.
- Safer and more environmentally sensitive technology compared to Radiographic testing.
- Can inspect more geometries than conventional ultrasonic testing methods.
- Equipment is portable.
- Advanced accuracy than conventional ultrasonic testing.
- Highly sensitive to fusion face flaws.
Our personnel are trained and certified to both SNT and CGSB UT NDT Level II or III, as well as, PCN Level II. We can provide testing on sites and at client facilities.