Vision Integrity provides Ultrasonic Testing throughout Western Canada and has several dispatch locations operating 24/7.
Ultrasonic testing is a versatile nondestructive testing method that can be used to detect both surface and sub-surface flaws, determine dimensional measurements, and determine a material’s thickness. Ultrasonic testing uses a single-element transducer to receive soundwaves to detect flaws. Ultrasonic testing may be applicable to new construction and in-service inspections. Ultrasonic Testing is limited in the material that it can test and cannot be used with fine grain carbon steel, low alloy steel and stainless welds.
The advantages of using Ultrasonic Testing are:
- Can detect both surface and subsurface discontinuities.
- Equipment is portable.
- Highly specialized personnel to perform testing
- The depth of penetration which detects flaws is greater than comparative NDT methods.
- Accurately determine the size, shape and thickness of materials.
- Instant results using electronic technology
Our personnel are trained and certified to both SNT and CGSB NDT Level II or III and can capably detect the most minute cracks. We can provide testing on sites and at client facilities.