Magnetic Particle Inspection is a non-destructive testing method used to detect cracking, surface and sub-surface indications in ferromagnetic materials. Magnetic Particle testing may be completed on ferrous carbon steel; castings, forgings, plate material, and welds. Magnetic Particle testing is applicable to both new construction and in-service surface inspections.
Advantages of Magnetic Particle Inspection
- Magnetic Particle Inspection can provide immediate results.
- There is no size limitation on testing.
- Can be used on complex shapes and geometry.
- Can be used on a variety of materials
- Flaws are produced directly on the surface of the material
Our personnel are trained and certified to both SNT and CGSB NDT Level II or III. We can provide testing on sites and at client facilities.