Magnetic Particle Inspection is a non-destructive testing method used to detect cracking, surface and sub-surface indications in ferromagnetic materials. Magnetic Particle testing may be completed on ferrous carbon steel; castings, forgings, plate material, and welds. Magnetic Particle testing is applicable to both new construction and in-service surface inspections. Our personnel are trained and certified to both SNT and CGSB NDT Level II or III.
Benefits of Magnetic Particle Inspection
- Provides immediate results
- No size limitation on testing
- Can be used on complex shapes and geometry
- Compatible with a variety of materials
- Flaws are produced directly on the surface of the material