Vision Integrity provides Liquid Penetrant Testing throughout Western Canada and has several dispatch locations operating 24/7.
Liquid Penetrant Testing is a method of non-destructive testing used to locate surface discontinuities in non-porous materials (metallic or non-metallic). Liquid penetrant uses a capillary action, where liquid penetrant is drawn into the surface-breaking discontinuities. After the penetration time has passed the excess penetrant is removed and a developer is applied to draw out any crack and the flaws are easily visible. This method can detect casting, forging and welding surface defects. Liquid Penetrant testing is applicable to both new construction and in-service surface inspections.
The advantages of using Liquid Penetrant testing are:
- Can be used on a variety of materials
- Flaws are produced directly on the surface of the material
- Can provide immediate results.
- Cost-effective method compared to radiography or ultrasonic testing.
- There is no size limitation on testing.
- Can adhere to complex shapes and allows for improved mobility of the particles.
Our personnel are trained and certified to both SNT and CGSB NDT Level II or III. We can provide testing on sites and at client facilities.